Monday, September 27, 2010

Butter me (Not!) Up


It's no surprise that I have a sweet tooth and I love my desserts including chocolate cakes.


I also love baking and have been baking for many years, but unlike heaps of other bakers, I switched the main ingredient for a much healthier alternative a long, long time ago.

Today, in the news, the Heart Foundation has spoken up about how Aussies are following the trend of eating large amounts of butter - an increase in the sales of butter of 9.3%, following the success of Masterchef.
Aussies eat twice the amount of recommended intake of saturated fat.
Personally, being Chinese (we do not use butter at all) I am really surprised by the amount of butter other people use, e.g. I didn't realise some of you guys put butter to cook your meat, butter to roast your vegetables and butter to stir-fry...
So I encourage you guys to make the change because I want you guys to be around longer because you guys are my friends :)
(Btw, I am still going to cake in moderation...lol)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment