Sunday, September 1, 2013

Skincare - 3 Steps, which one?

3 Step skincare.

You would have heard something or use this all the time and swear by it.


Right now, I don't use a 3 step skincare regime but I am going to try different brands for at least a week to test drive the feel and result of each range.

And by the way, while you are reading below, please remember everyone's skin is different and mine is combination/dry in winter so please don't assume what works or doesn't work for me will be the same situation for you.

What has motivated me to do this?
Well, I have pretty bad skin right now. I keep getting told it's lack of rest and sleep and I am over-stressing/stressing but I am hoping that my blemished skin will turn into just normal skin if I stick to a 3 step skincare so let's see how it goes...

This is Part 1 out of 2 parts. :)

First Up!

Elizabeth Arden's Visible Difference $20 - $80


  • Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Optimising Skin Serum
  • Skin Balancing Lotion with SPF 15
On first impressions, they all have a faint but lovely fragrance (the same fragrance for all three products). Whilst, using the cleanser, my skin does feel a little tight. But after applying the serum and day lotion, it feels alright. Not overly oily and funnily enough balanced.

After a week

So the life cycle of my blemishes have decreased slightly and the volume has decreased by a bit. But I am unsure if this is because this week is that good week in every month. The morning routine is nice and makes me skin feel comfortable and I love how it's got SPF in it.

Next up!

Jurlique mix of Balancing Foaming Cleanser & Calendula Cream

Jurlique has a large range of skincare.

I went along for a consultation (and most Jurlique stores and counters at DJs and Myers do consultations) to talk through what I want.

I got assigned the Balancing Foaming Cleanser, Herbal Recovery Gel Serum, Calendula Cream and Herbal Recovery Eye cream.

After a day, my skin doesn't feel moisturised enough. It's winter and my skin is feeling itchy and dry. So the serum and Calendular cream is not doing enough. (Read about my new serums on the market post in a few days) But I have backup moisturisers that I know are working but I'm hoping I don't have to rely on them for this trial.

After four days, I have used up the same amount of cleanser and moisturiser as the above Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference range. So I needed almost double the amount to clean my face.

As well as that, I applied layers of serum and moisturiser on my face as the Herbal Recovery Gel Serum and Calendula Cream was not moisturising enough. It was drying and I ended up getting more pimples from the dryness.

But it's natural and it smells so lovely to use.

Biotherm's Nomal and Combination Skin Regime


There is a cleanser, toner and moisturiser gel (there is no SPF)

I have also paired this skincare regime with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair.

The cleanser left my skin feeling really tight and I chose not to use the toner because I didn't want to strip my skin any further. The moisturiser gel is not moisturising enough.

Perhaps this skincare will be good in the summer but not in winter.











Just a note from me to you, finding the right skincare brand and range is really hard so I absolutely recommend you asking for testers to try at home or try it there in store. Don't give into staff being pushy. It's not cheap and there are many brands out there so there's nothing to stop you from trying a brand right next to it.

The skin on your face can react differently to what you expect.

Get ready for Part 2 in coming weeks.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment