Wednesday, September 7, 2011

10 Yr Anniversary - 911 - where were you?

So it's been 10 years since the whole world changed.

Where were you when it happened?

I was at school and like me, I am always the last person to receive any news so when I saw my friends crying, I knew something big had happened.

We stopped class and we stopped school. All we did was sit in the classroom and watch the news. I too, started to cry.

When I got home, I was watching a woman and her son running around New York City trying to find her husband. She was in hysterics and she was desperately trying to find her husband. Her son was too young to understand but he knew something was wrong.

There was a happy ending to this story because her husband had stepped out of the office when the planes flew into the North and South Towers and so, he was unhurt.

This was incredibly moving but I knew not all of these people's stories would have a similar happy ending.

Channel 10 is showing 911 10 Year Specials and one of the families featured is the Burnetts. This family's courage and strength was so amazing to watch.
The girls now in their teens are scarred for life, waking up screaming in their sleep and isolating themselves from people and life.

But they have pride. Their father was on the United Flight 93 that was targeting the Pentagon but instead with the courage of ordinary men and women stood up to the terrorists and changed history.

The plane did not meet its' target.

Tom Burnett, along with his fellow passengers died as Heroes in 911.

God Bless.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment