Thursday, August 18, 2011

Clean Your Face!

There are so many different types of cleansers available on the market for people to clean their faces. So I thought I might break it down and spell out the different types and how they are different.

What triggered this? Product testing some new products that I’ve been sent.

So, the basics, what is a cleanser? A cleanser helps to remove the dirt, oil and grime from your face so you wash the day away and prevent pimples or blemishes from forming.

Foaming Cleanser

This baby is great in the shower. Lather it up with some water and it leaves your skin feeling clean. However, it does over strip the skin so you might feel tight and uncomfortable. In that case, it’s best to avoid this product and choose something calmer, continue reading…



Pictured above is the The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser, perfect for Oily skin.


Cleansing Lotion

This is used with a cotton pad and no water. You can choose to use water but it’s thick and a lot of the product does tend to stay on the face. I find it doesn’t remove all of the oil effectively.



Pictured above is Jurlique’s Cleansing Lotion, perfect for a dryer or sensitive skin.



Cleansing Oil

So you might be thinking, yuck I want to remove oil from my face so why would I be applying oil back onto my face. The answer is simple, you are removing it because it emulsifies when it comes into contact with water and you are putting moisture back into the skin so the skin doesn’t overproduce oil and cause pimples.



Pictured above is Shu Uemura’s Cleansing Oil. There are different kinds of cleansing oil depending if you are oily to extra dry. I love this because it calms my skin down and decreases my breakouts. Highly recommended.

Last but not least, cleaning your face is really important. Do it twice a day :)
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment